This article provides a comprehensive guide that breaks down the process of convert MBOX to PST file into a series of simple steps. Users are able to convert MBOX files to the PST file format used by Outlook by making use of the expert approach and the guidelines that are provided with the software. PST format can be converted from one or more MBOX files, as well as an entire folder full of MBOX files, if you use the direct and finest MBOX Converter Tool. This tool gives you the ability to convert one or more MBOX files into PST format.
A Complete Analysis of the MBOX and PST File Formats
It is currently standard procedure to migrate emails from one email client to another and convert MBOX to PST file. MBOX files are generated by a variety of email programs, including Apple Mail, Entourage, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, and others. In spite of this, users may wish to export or convert the data from MBOX files into the format of another email client, such as Microsoft Outlook PST, in addition to the email programs that are compatible with MBOX files.
Millions of people all around the world rely on Microsoft Outlook since it is a top-tier and extensively used email client that can handle emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and journals. It is usually recommended to use Outlook to manage both your personal and business information because Microsoft offers it free of charge. PST files, which require users to keep their data on a PST file, have a storage space of up to 50 gigabytes, which is an additional advantage of using PST files.
Why is MBOX file conversion to PST format necessary?
Here, we’ve covered some benefits of convert MBOX to PST file Outlook emails stored in PST have more functionalities than emails stored in Thunderbird. Below is a discussion of these attributes.
- You can make tasks, manage appointments on the calendar, keep diaries and notes, manage contacts, and more in Outlook.
- Comparatively speaking, using Outlook is highly secure. It has the ability to counter email-borne malware and spam.
- In contrast to MBOX, which stores data sequentially, Outlook is a more sophisticated application and organizes the data in a systematic manner.
- Exchange Server is the most cherished characteristic that it makes use of. As a result, it can be used in offline settings.
- Spell check, quick view, voicemail transcript, and other extra features accessible only in Outlook are absent from competing platforms.
The benefits of PST files over MBOX files have been covered previously. The methods for converting MBOX files to Outlook PST format will now be discussed.
Free Ways to Transform MBOX to PST
To convert MBOX files to Outlook PST format, there are several free, tried-and-true techniques. Here, we demonstrate them in detail so that you can use them effectively.
Method 1: Use Several Email Clients to Convert MBOX to PST
For this technique to work, your system must have Apple Mail, Eudora, Outlook Express, and Microsoft Outlook installed. Once you have everything listed above, follow the instructions below:.
1st Step: Import Mailbox Information into Apple Mail
- Start Apple Mail on your computer.
- Select the Import mailbox option under File.
- Select the MBOX file (source) and then tap Continue.
- Choose MBOX files in the Browse Wizard and select Continue.
- Tap the Done button once the import procedure is complete.
2nd Step: Create a New Email Account Using Eudora
- Add .mbox file extension to the imported file.
- Then, transfer them to the Eudora directory.
- Location by Default: C:Documents and Settings User > Application Data > Qualcomm > Eudora
- After completion, open Eudora and double-click the .mbx file.
- Close the Eudora application afterwards.
3rd Step: Import New Mailbox Utilizing Outlook Express
- Launch Outlook Express on your machine.
- Navigate to File>>Import>Messages.
- Click Next after selecting Eudora from the list of email clients.
- Go to the location where the .mbox File was saved and press the OK button.
- Click Next>>Next followed by Complete the process.
- The imported data are stored in Outlook Express’s Local Folders.
Method 2: Use Thunderbird and Outlook to Convert MBOX to PST
This solution requires the use of both Thunderbird and MS Outlook. Follow the instructions below to easily convert MBOX to PST file.
Step 1: Export Thunderbird MBOX emails to EML files.
- Start the email client Thunderbird. By right-clicking on the folder, select New Folder.
- Just name the folder and Hit on Create Folder.
- Please choose the necessary emails for conversion and move them to a new folder.
- Select the full email and then click the Save As button. The emails will be saved in EML format in the place provided.
- Now, navigate to the location where the EML files are located.
- After that, drag and drop the EML files into the Outlook Application.
Step 2: Convert MBOX (EML files) to PST format
- In Outlook, go to File and select Open & Export >>Import/Export.
- The Import/Export wizard will appear; select Export to a file and then click Next.
- Now, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and press Next.
- Navigate to the folder containing the EML files and press the Next button.
- Provide the location where the new PST file should be saved, and then select the desired choice from the list.
- After that, press the Finish button.
- The EML files are now converted to PST files.
Limitations of Manually Converting MBOX to PST
If you are having trouble convert MBOX to PST file these points apply to you as well.
- The process necessitates the installation of many email clients and their applications, which is time-consuming.
- To manually convert MBOX files to PST, you must have the necessary technical skills.
- The method is time-consuming and labor-intensive.
- There are no steps that may be skipped.
Method 3: Alternate Solution for Converting MBOX Files to PST
Another option is to use SoftwareImperial MBOX to PST Converter to convert MBOX files to Outlook PST file format. This program can easily export Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST format. Furthermore, it preserves the originality of the data after conversion. Its demo version is completely free to use; simply download and convert MBOX files to PST format.
How can I convert an MBOX file to a PST file?
Here are a few simple steps to convert an MBOX file to a PST file:
- MBOX to PST Converter Tool can be downloaded, installed, and run.
- Select Single File or Multiple Files/Folder and then click Next.
- Tap Next after selecting the MBOX files from your system.
- The software provides a detailed preview of the MBOX files.
- Select the appropriate folder and then click Next.
- From the opening menu, select Outlook PST as the saving format.
- Pick out the features you value the most.
- Select the output folder Path and click Convert.
- Your MBOX files are converted to PST format in a matter of seconds.
You can easily convert MBOX files to PST after reading this blog. We recommend that you try the three free options to convert MBOX to PST file. However, if you encounter any difficulties, you can choose an alternative solution. Users can batch export or convert MBOX to PST file, EML, MSG, and other 35+ file formats with the software.
Questions and Answers
Q. How can I convert MBOX files to PST files on Windows?
Ans – You can use the following procedures to convert MBOX files to PST on Windows:
How to Convert MBOX to PST in Windows:
1. Install the Software on your computer.
2. Select MBOX files>>Next.
3. Review the file details and then click Next.
4. Select PST as the saving format.
5. Choose the necessary features>>Convert.
6. On your machine, the MBOX files are converted to PST.
Q. How Do I Save MBOX to PST on a Mac?
Ans – To export MBOX to PST on Mac, follow the steps outlined below.
1. Launch the Mac MBOX Converter Tool.
2. Select the MBOX files and press Next.
3. Review the MBOX file details>>Finish.
4. Select the PST format from the drop-down menu.
5. Complete the feature selection and path saving.
6. Press the Convert button to begin the MBOX to PST conversion.
Q. How does Thunderbird convert MBOX files to PST files?
Ans – As previously said, Thunderbird keeps users’ mailbox data in the MBOX file format, and in order to convert them, you must first download the emails from Thunderbird MBOX files. As a result, you must store emails from the Thunderbird application in the EML file format. Finally, simply drag and drop the EML files into the MS Outlook application and use the Import/Export feature to save the Outlook folder containing MBOX (EML) file data into PST format.